Last week I went on a little shopping trip to Trago Mills, it's great for all sorts of random things (it's one of those places with loads of different departments). As well as lots of ribbon, a basket and some shampoo, I spotted this Tala cordial glass bottle. I absolutely adore it and it also came with a couple of recipe ideas, I tried one of them out and it was really easy and super tasty too - it would go great with a vintage picnic or you could add it to a bit of bubbly for a fruity cocktail! I think I'll be popping back to Trago to get my hands on a few more bottles, I think they would also make a really sweet home made gift.
I used Blackberries and Raspberries instead of Blackcurrants in my recipe
- I will get some better pics on when it's ready and I get to sample it!
Makes approx 1 Litre
400g / 13oz on blackcurrants
1 litre / 1.25 pints of water
300g / 10oz caster sugar
1. wash the fruit in water and then add the fruit, water and sugar into a heavy pan.
2. Bring to boil, then turn down and simmer and cook for 5 mins.
3. Pass the contents through a sieve, use the back of a spoon to push all the juice out.
4. Allow to cool, then bottle and place in fridge.
Have fun trying this out, love Miss Curly Pearl x